Romeo & Juliet for Junior Cycle - Book & Portfolio
A new and beautifully-illustrated text with a modern approach for Junior Cycle. The New Romeo & Juliet pack includes a portfolio.
- This new and beautifully illustrated edition of Romeo and Juliet includes the complete text of the play, along with detailed notes to help students understand themes, words, character development and lots more
- It has been designed specifically to meet the needs of the New Junior Cycle and it contains striking photographs from various productions of this much-loved play
- Each scene is accompanied by:
- An introductory plot summary
- Study questions
- Key points and useful quotes
- A timeline to illustrate the progress of the action.
- A special section is devoted to:
- An exploration of major themes and context
- A detailed analysis of plot
- In-depth character and relationship analyses
- Examination tips
- The book also includes:
- An overall summary and a revision quiz at the end of each act
- Examination-based questions , carefully graded for Higher and Ordinary Levels
- Guidelines on answering examination questions
- Model answers to questions
- Useful diagrams which make clear the relationships between characters
- Assignments to encourage class participation
- This edition offers an active approach to Shakespeare, treating Romeo and Juliet not merely as a text, but as a play to be performed, thereby encouraging students to become part of Shakespeare’s imaginative world
- The up-to-date commentary sections are written with a view to enabling students to appreciate Romeo and Juliet as a play with a contemporary feel.
Edited with notes & guidelines by Patrick Murray